Resident Advocate Schedule:
- Average of 25 daytime hours PLUS 2 evening/overnight shifts from 5pm -9am
- Must be able to spend the nights required in schedule above but NOT REQUIRED to remain awake overnight.
- Must be 35 years of age or older
The Resident Advocate work closely with staff to provide supportive services to the residents of the King’s Daughters Ministry (KDM). This position assumes responsibility for the efficient operation and administration of the KDM program for residents living at our Emerald House Shelter specifically during evenings, overnights, and weekends.
The main function of the Resident Advocate is to provide KDM personnel presence at site where KDM residents live and to chaperone during program activities. The Resident Advocate not only supports and recommends with regard to KDM policy, procedure, and program goals but also provides emotional support and guidance to residents within the program prescribed parameters. The Resident Advocate is responsible for the operation of residential home and provides direct supervision to residents and ensures the delivery of quality services while promoting independence, spiritual growth, health and safety of the residents in the KDM program.
Reports to the Executive Director.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Assist in plans/schedules and makes record of each day’s activities, notes supply or maintenance needs.
- Schedule and maintain shelter house calendar, including scheduling transport and adequate supervision of residents to medical, educational, and counseling appointments, and other program activities.
- Transport to/from using ministry vehicle and chaperone residents at program activities.
- Record Special Incident Reports and any and other required reports and paperwork.
- Instruct and supervise residents’ Basic Skills development including personal hygiene, grooming, cleaning of room and laundering of clothes, bedding, toweling, etc., sewing, cooking, gardening, etc.
- Instruct and supervise residents’ Independent Living Skills development including assignments and completion of household chores, meal planning, grocery shopping, household budgeting, and purchases.
- Maintain set limits for resident behavior within program policies and procedures.
- Consult with Executive Director regarding behavioral problems, crisis issues and emergencies as they occur.
- Conduct inspections and scheduled family meetings/devotions for residents.
- Strong Christian leader with an active and dynamic spiritual life.
- Ability and willingness to share faith with individuals who interface with the ministry.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with KDM leaders and staff to discuss client plans.
- Assist in the safety and welfare of the residents at all times.
- Work under direct supervision of KDM leaders and staff in assisting and implementing guidelines and policies.
- Provide on-site crisis support and role modeling.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of and commitment to Christ and a passion for seeing KDM target population develop faith in Christ and personal independence and deliverance.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful emotional situations.
- Commitment to respectful, open colleague communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent, valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and be able to pass a background check. Prefer at least 2 years education and experience in psychology, social work, human-services field, or prior supervisory/group home management. Helpful to have a degree and/or experience in women’s studies/ministry or related field.
- Random drug screening and criminal background check is required for this position.
- Must be at least 35 years of age or older
*Background and Drug Test are required for all employment