Weekend Shelter Manager
- Shift will begin Friday at 4pm and end Monday at 9am
- Some additional weekday hours available if able
- EVERY OTHER Weekend off
- Not required to remain awake overnight
- Must be at least 25 years of age
- No Personal Pets Allowed at Shelter House
The Weekend Shelter Manager is responsible for the weekend (Friday 4:00 pm – Monday 9am) day-to-day operation of the residential home. She will provide direct supervision to residents and ensures the delivery of quality services while promoting the independence, spiritual growth, health and safety of the resident daughters. The Weekend Shelter Manager oversees weekend shelter environment and activities, facilitates problem solving for in-house conflicts and crisis, encourages and models appropriate shelter interactions. She mediates on behalf of residential clients when appropriate. Also, she provides appropriate follow-up and documentation of emergency incidents, non-compliance, and program progress.
Reports to the Executive Director or Program Director.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES (may include some or all of the following:)
- Assist in developing the plans and records of each day’s activities, assign rooms, note supply needs, schedule maintenance, distribute mail, take calls, and make arrangements for appropriate medical services for clients.
- Transport residents to medical, educational, and counseling appointments, and other program activities.
- Chaperone residents at program activities, special events, and trips.
- Record Special Incident Reports and any and all other required reports and paperwork.
- Instruct and supervise residents’ Basic Skills development including personal hygiene, grooming, cleaning of room and laundering of clothes, bedding, toweling, etc., sewing, cooking, gardening, etc.
- Instruct and supervise residents’ Independent Living Skills development including personal finance management, job searches, assignment and completion of household chores, meal planning, grocery shopping, household budgeting, clothing purchases, etc.
- Maintain set limits for resident behavior within program policies and procedures.
- Consult with Clinical Staff and/or Executive Director or Program Director regarding behavioral problems, crisis issues and emergencies as they occur.
- Not required to remain awake overnight.
- Strong Christian leader with an active and dynamic spiritual life.
- Ability and willingness to share faith with individuals who interface with the ministry.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with KDM leaders and staff to discuss client plans and assists in oversight and execution of treatment plans and goals.
- Provide for the safety and welfare of the residents at all times.
- Work under direct supervision of KDM leaders and staff in assisting and implementing guidelines and policies.
- Provide on-site crisis counseling and role modeling.
- Work in regular scheduled shifts/intervals to assure 24 hour advocate support for all resident daughters.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of and commitment to Christ and a passion for seeing KDM target population develop faith in Christ.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful emotional situations.
- Commitment to respectful, open colleague communications.
- High school diploma or GED, valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and be able to pass a background check. Prefer some education and experience in psychology, social work, human-services field, or prior supervisory/group home management. Helpful to have a degree and/or experience in women’s studies/ministry or related field.
- Be at least 25 years old.
- Random drug screening is required for this position.
Please fill out your Application here.
*Background and Drug Test are required for all employment