Weeknight Shelter Manager
- On Duty Monday – Thursday beginning at 5pm each day until 9am next morning
- Weekends off
- Not required to remain awake overnight
- Must be 25 years of age or older
- No Personal Pets allowed in Shelter House
The Weeknight Shelter Manager works closely with staff to provide supportive services to the residents of The King’s Daughters Ministry. This weeknight position assumes responsibility for the efficient operation and administration of the KDM program for residents living at our Emerald House Shelter specifically during evenings and overnights.
An advocate is a person who publicly supports or recommends a particular cause or policy. One who pleads, supports, and recommends. The main function of the Weeknight Shelter Manger will be to provide KDM personnel presence at site where resident daughters will live and chaperone during program activities. The Weeknight Shelter Manger will not only support and recommend with regard to KDM policy, procedure, and program goals but also provide emotional support and guidance to resident daughters within the program proscribed parameters. The Weeknight Shelter Manger will be responsible for the nights/weekend operation of residential homes and provide direct supervision to residents and ensure the delivery of quality services while promoting the independence, spiritual growth, health and safety of the resident daughters.
Reports to the Executive Director.
SPECIFIC DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assists in plans and records of each day’s activities, notes supply needs, and schedules maintenance.
- Transport and chaperones residents at program activities.
- Record Special Incident Reports and any and other required reports and paperwork.
- Instruct and supervise residents’ Basic Skills development including personal hygiene, grooming, cleaning of room and laundering of clothes, bedding, toweling, etc., sewing, cooking, gardening, etc.
- Instructs and supervises residents’ Independent Living Skills development including assignment and completion of household chores, meal planning, grocery shopping, household budgeting, and purchases.
- Maintain set limits for resident behavior within program policies and procedures.
- Consult with Executive Director regarding behavioral problems, crisis issues and emergencies as they occur.
- Conduct nightly house meetings for residents.
- Strong Christian leader with an active and dynamic spiritual life.
- Ability and willingness to share faith with individuals who interface with the ministry.
- Strong interpersonal, motivational, leadership, communication and organizational skills.
- Maintains professional and technical knowledge by attending educational workshops; reviewing professional publications; establishing personal networks; participating in professional activities.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Works with KDM leaders and staff to discuss client plans.
- Assist in the safety and welfare of the residents at all times.
- Work under direct supervision of KDM leaders and staff in assisting and implementing guidelines and policies.
- Provide on-site crisis counseling and role modeling.
- Demonstrated deep understanding of and commitment to Christ and a passion for seeing KDM target population develop faith in Christ.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a cohesive team.
- Ability to remain calm in stressful emotional situations.
- Commitment to respectful, open colleague communications.
- High school diploma or equivalent, valid driver’s license, acceptable driving record, and be able to pass a background check. Prefer some education and experience in psychology, social work, human-services field, or prior supervisory/group home management. Helpful to have a degree and/or experience in women’s studies/ministry or related field.
- Random drug screening is required for this position.
- Be at least 25 years of age.
Please fill out your Application here.
*Background and Drug Test are required for all employment